Fly Fishing Forum banner

Anyone score a winter chromer yet?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  NrthFrk16 
#1 ·
Either the fish are tight lipped or members are... any winter runs coming to your flies yet?

I remember doing well on the sea-liced winter bright fish on the Snoq. as early as November 6th. Black bunny rat, freight train with a marabou wing, prawn patterns, etc.

#2 ·
Fall chromer's

No winter's yet .Have been hitting some chrome fall action on the Rogue though . The Rogue actually has 3 run's of Steelhead ,Summer's , Fall ,and Winter's not counting half pounder's . The fall fish come up with the Coho not in great #'s though , but are quality fish , they all are aren't they !!!!:D

#3 ·
yes, but not today :)

earlier in the month hooked 4 chrome winters in 2.5 days fishing, but since the high water, i haven't been fishing as much, and today got the old skunk (although the gear guys were catching quite a few)... but all i got was a great day (almost no rain) on the river smelling the carcasses, watching the eagles, and getting one reluctant pull (you know, that heavy pull that never materializes into a fish).

chris

#4 ·
Fished three times since getting back in early November. Two times skunked and the third two grabs and two fish landed! A scrappy 11lb hen and a 13lb buck. Got 'em a couple days before Thanksgiving and since then the weather has been only getting up to 15F. Rivers are at base flow levels and the fish are hunkered down.

But rain and warm weather is about here again. Anxious to get out again when conditions are better.

pescaphile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.