Fly Fishing Forum banner

Ari 'T Hart

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  arubaman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I checked out (link removed) and saw the new reel by ari 't hart. Pretty expensive for a reel. Does anybody know anythig about this guy?

#5 ·
Ari is fly fishings modern art guy. Just saw one of his reels at the modern art museum in New York. If you can get down with Frank Gehry or Frank Lloyd Wright you can get down with Ari's stuff. He has been building reels for 50 years and a big reason we have reels like danielsson nowadays, Ari influenced those designs.

He also has designed for a lot of reel companies as well(sage and hardy are a couple). The hardy angel and the new hardy zane saltwater reels are his work.

Defintely not everyones cup of tea but I respect him for his work and also for being a forefather to some of the great reel designs we see now like my beloved danielssons.

-sean

#7 ·
Ari is a dutchman, nowadays most of his reels go by the brand Dutch reels. They are reels of good quality with a typical way of styling. I like some of his reels a lot. It is said that they are of very good quality too, I am not sure how that wouldbe with reels that realy have to work hard (bonefish, steelhead, tarpon) but I got a Mach 0 for my orvis tippet and it´s just a beautifull ultralight combination.

The reel is made out of one piece of aluminium if I am correct. So it is solid and light.
It´s one of the things dutch flyfishing can be proud of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.