Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rip Trip Status -9/21

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
Ok, I have confirmations from everyone except Ditch Rat who is schduled for Sunday and Bird fish had to drop out...so two more slots open for Sunday.... I am leaning to the North tip....Obviously the Sunday group can go to the south on their choosing...BUT I still have not heard from Keith and need to confirm if we can EXPAND the Saturday trip and if he would still go to the north tip with a smaller group on Sunday. My feeling is that if we have an expaned, or full boat under his license for the NT, the Sunday..North Tip would not be a problem even if the number is less. I suspect that we would be able to fill the boat on Sunday anyway for the NT. I am alos wondering if we get 20 people to show...would he make two trips on Saturday since it is a short hop...no different than the SB trip. I have a feeling though that the numbers may still be limited since this is not your usual trip...More later.

#2 ·
North tip

John,

I can take Twelve passengers and one guide (you) to the North Tip. That number is by the Permit regs from the FWS. I am going to send off some emails to some friends to see, if they have been fishing at all down by the rip during the week to find out about any action down there. It looks like I am going to have a fishing charter on Thurs, so I may go down there myself and feel around. This client also does some fly fishing, so I will bring him inside the north tip to do some sight fishing from boat. I can see what is going on in there also.

Unless it is 40 mph winds like last weekend, weather should not play a part in the North Tip at all.

Keith

#3 ·
OK... Thanks Keith... I am switching Jim Sims to saturday...also...I will look at the lists tonight. With 13 allowed each day including me...we will have a couple extra spaces on Sturday and Sunday will be open as well for extras.... Not sure how to do this... but I will look at the lists and as long as all sign ups get to go one of the days it makes no difference to me. Lets finalize the 13 by 13 list tonight.... HOEVER... If Keith comes back saying they are killing them off south point and the north tip has become dormant...we will need to regroup... discus it fast... and maybe go back to plan A....PS. Are you all NOW thoughly confused? Because I am.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.