Fly Fishing Forum banner

Another year older and wiser, we hope!

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Jimmy 
#1 ·
Jimmy,
Happy B-daY pal, hope all is well ! You makin plans for another week or two on the Cape this season? Lookin forward to another trip or two this year.:D

#3 ·
Older yes. Wiser?????

Thank you very much. Yes I am older. Let's just leave things at that. And yes. I will once again leave this land of high real estate and small stripers and make my way to my home away from home. Three weeks in July and August. A few long weekends in between.

Now as far as where I've been. I'll give you a brief overview. Left the Cape last summer and dove right in to a USAR course. Then I started my own landscaping bussiness. In between all of that, studied for and passed the Captains exam. To top things off, I woke up one morning to find out that I had lost the use of my right arm and hand. Turns out that I had a minor[/I] problem with my neck. I had surgery last week. Come to find out that some time in the past I had damaged (broken) my neck. C7. Had a few disc problems too. The Doc did a great job. I have regained the use of my right arm and hand, plus I'm 4 inches taller. I still don't have any feeling in my right index or middle fingers. This upsets me the most. I find it very difficult to give someone the finger without feeling. :chuckle:

Other than that, Not much is going on. I'm off of my pitty pot and recovering. It will take a few weeks but I should be back on the line soon. My girls have been taking very good care of their daddy. And my wife has been a regular Florence Nightingale. Which is good. It gives me the chance to work out that nurse fantacy thing I have. But that might be for another board. ;) ;)

#4 ·
Jimmy, I'm glad to hear that you're on the mend and doing better.....I had no idea that you were dealing with this. Get well, because we should get together in June some Saturday and hit the mouth of the Housy again. It wouldn't be the same without your sense of humor.

:)

#8 ·
Happy Birthday - good to hear you're on the mend Jim!

I wonder if the Audubon center ever got round to sorting the keys out?

See ya on the Water - or maybe at Wilmington / casting clave this on March 15th?

#9 ·
Jimmy -

It's late and I've only slept a sporadic few hours since Thursday night, but when I read your post I found myself laughing loud enough to wake my family!

Glad to hear you are on the mend, just remember that you're not the one who's supposed to wear the french maid outfit ;) ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.