Fly Fishing Forum banner

Spring Clave 08, date

13K views 132 replies 40 participants last post by  highway61 
#1 ·
Hows everyone doing ? Things are fine up here in Maine. Its time again to get in my vacation requests( early as usual) and was wondering if a date has or can be set for the 2008 spring clave got to make sure I have my dates correct. Thanks DREW

#4 ·
I would hope that we can pick one of the days for a rip trip. Now that we can take more than 10 guys...I would think we can fill the slots, but I suspect we might not get the "whole" crowd on one trip so maybe schedule rip trips each day of the Clave so that all clave participants can go atleast one day and then the usual spots the other days...Weather permitting naturally and if Keith will be in operation.

#14 ·
Adrian said:
O.K. John - see you at the Crack 'o Dawn at 05:00 :D

But will we have a breaking tide?
The Crack sounds good for breakfast...doubt if we see breaking fish, but should be able to raise a few on the big pencils....yellow over white :devil: no problems with thebattery this year I hope :D

#18 ·
I am with any of those dates, but we are early here...who and how many FF guys are orgainizing this...dates, the stonehorse, etc. etc. Don't we need the usual formal orgainization before throwing the dates willy nilly?...We Know it's May, but it seems futle to agree on dates before we get the other details done..just IMHO.

#19 ·
Dam, I am booked to come out to CC on the 2nd June for 15 days. I just don't think I can run to coming out for an extra two weeks from May 16. Appelaing to me but not my wife who I have not taken a holiday with for about 5 years now or my principles who sadly expect me to do work for the measely retainer they pay me. If I could wangle a long weekend maybe but oh boy that jeg lag is a pain. I recover and then off again. Still couple years time I will hopefully be finished with this lark called work. I see you can rent houses in CC in spring and early summer for very low rents. So I got plans for the future.

Mike

#25 ·
Mike, see you in June, and you are always welcome company on the flats. Think this year, and the lessons should be golden for 08. Saints Landing is an interesting place, and all places west of there. Since you are a tourist, there are a couple of spots...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.