Fly Fishing Forum banner

Inflatable Boat

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DFix 
#1 ·
I posted this under gear as I didn't want the Kayak Guys getting upset with me. I have my inflatable boat in the basement, and making it into a fishing machine. I added a seat,casting platform on the back of it, maybe I can even fasten a step ladder:D This should be good for sight fishing in the salt ponds. I also have just got a 2 HP outboard for that trip back against the tide and current, tough to get old. I figure also I can get out to fish the rip outside of Quonny, and up to Fresh Pond Rock during the summer when the beach is off limits. Maybe also to fish the flats in Little Narragansett Bay;) Might even take it offshore and see if I can tease one of those sharks to strike. :cool:

#3 ·
Art - what's the compensating weight factor forward of the athwartship centerline ??? Aren't you and a two-horse standing on the back gonna cause a little imbalance on the transom flotation tubes??? I know you built a floor to stiffen the thing, but I picture a little imbalance at the bow - educate me. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.