Fly Fishing Forum banner

Better than the Bahamas??

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  B.C.Flychucker 
#1 ·
Well at least yesterday was.

Anybody get out and fish up north yesterday or saturday? What a beautiful weekend.

Nothing like spring steelheading on the skagit/sauk.

This list goes on and on:

-The part timers have left to chase trout
-Swinging flies in short sleaves
-64 degrees!
-Not seeing a soul in your favorite run at first light
-Avo #2
-Makers Mark
-Anchor Steam
-praying for steel at the chapel
-Seeing the flood did leave a few runs fishing well
-Breaking in the new (well to me at least) FJ60 on some backroads.
-The sound of a clean snake roll in the morning
-SA short head spey
-CND Skagit
-CND Salar
-Screaming Bougle
-Losing a fish

and last but not least....

Not getting low holed

Spring is here :smokin:

-sean

See less See more
#7 ·
LOL Sinktip

Guess you just need to tie up that "magic fly" that catches them all. I've stayed away from that guy as much as I possibly can. But good for a laugh.

Well, I have a different story on spring. Went out fishing with a friend. Wanted to check out my shoulder (which did better, so hoping that progress is being made). But guess what???? Made it to the Nooch in the AM, and had SNOWED!!!! Still fresh snow around. Then, had sleet and hail off and on the rest of the day. Would heat up occasionally, then drop down and start raining/sleeting again. No win. Had one on and lost it. Not many boats (we were fishing the upper drift at 7400). Topped the morning out by standing up while we were swapping gear and guy on sticks decided to turn the boat on me (he wasn't looking to see if everyone was sitting down). Went into the drink. LOL. Found out that you WILL float in breathables. Came right back to surface. Was funny actually. Friend apologized, but was funny. Thank god for driftboat heaters. :D :hehe:

#8 ·
Glorius day!. Unfortunately, I had the same results as Sinktip.

Went out again today, which was another great day and saw not one other person fishing were I went. However, I has the same result as on Saturday.

Sinktip,

I suppose we are not holding are mouth in the proper position. Then again, it may be the result of using a T&T rod.

#9 ·
T&T Rod

Flytyer,

It might just be the T&T. For that reason, I had already decided that my next trip up would be a CND day.

A couple days of rain might just do the trick too.

Brian,

By the way, I fished the tip on Saturday. That little fella gets down :D

#10 ·
Sauk

Sean
No M/M but Mountain Dew
Up on the river today at 7:00A.M. off river 5:00P.M.
CND Skagit & SA line amazing again!
No fish
But great day
But Wet fly is going shopping!
He tried my set up, after trying it he was mad at me for letting him use it!
The more people try this setup, they all get mad at me?
Sparkey you better call Juro and Bruce

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.