Fly Fishing Forum banner

Show Plan - Draft

4K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  Striper 
#1 ·
NOTE: This is what I assembled from posts. If there is anything wrong or changed since then, if you want to attend a scheduled presentation, etc - please let me know ASAP by replying to this thread. Thanks!

Presentation schedule is at flyfishingshow.com

Tying schedule is shown in announcement above.

Revision history:
01-12 am: removed DbleHaul from Sun PM shift, removed striblue from all Sunday
01-12 pm: minor edits
01-25 edited: ignore tying schedule contained herein - use separate schedule

Thursday PM

Thursday PM - pre-show setup... I don't think we are going to bother, the booth goes up quick. I might drop off the parts though. Thanks anyway John, Hawkeye.

FRIDAY

Friday AM - 8am to 11, pre-show preparation:

MEET AT STARBUCKS on right next to Boston Market before turn to plaza.

SETUP: Should be plenty of time for booth setup. Usual problems: missing stuff, run to Office Max, electrical cords, lost items from previous show, etc. Booth goes up with two-three people fairly easily.

Setup: Eddie, Dfix, Juro, Striblue, Quentin, JFBasser - meet between 8 and 8:30 in starbucks

No video for friday.

Friday 11am Open to 12:30 (90 minutes):

Tying: Striblue

Booth Staff: Eddie, Dble Haul, Dfix, Juro, Striblue, Quentin, jfbasser

Responsibilities: Book seats to tying lessons, sell raffle tickets, invite flyfishermen to join forum. Take coordinated shifts walking around to enjoy the show (alternate).

Lunch Run (take out): Panera's, Papa Ginos, McDonalds, Wendy's, etc - all less than 1/2 mile away

Friday 1pm to 6pm:

Tying: Rich Soriano (Fly Rod Reel), Juro, Striblue, Dble Haul, etc. (Order TBD)

Booth Staff: same

Missing: NO PROJECTOR for Friday, I may bring a large pc screen -or- if anyone has a flat monitor it would be ideal for the table (no room).

SATURDAY

Pre-opening 8-9: Dble Haul, Sean, Striblue, Mike Mayo (striper)

AM (9am to noon):

Tying: Capt. Ray Stachelek, Capt. Bob Hines

Booth Staff: Adrian, Sean, Juro
Free to roam: Dble Haul, Striblue, Hawkeye

Responsibilities: Book seats to tying lessons, sell raffle tickets, invite flyfishermen to join forum, FULL AM SHIFT one hour before opening to noon (4 hours)

PM (lunch to 6pm):

Tying: Capt. Stan Mackerwicsz, Capt. Ray Stachelek, Capt. Bob Hines

Booth Staff: Dble Haul, Hawkeye, Juro, Striblue
Free: Adrian, Sean

Responsibilities: Book seats to tying lessons, sell raffle tickets, invite flyfishermen to join forum, PM shift (after lunch to close, 5 hours)

SAT DINNER: Everyone's invited! (See thread)

SUNDAY

AM (9am to lunch):

Tying: Capt. Art Sawayer, Capt. Bob Hines (times TBD)

Booth Staff: Adrian, Sean, Juro
Free: Hawkeye, Dble Haul
(Enter pre-show starting at 8am)

PM (Lunch to 5pm):

Tying: Capt. Todd Murphy, Harry Koons, Capt. Gil Berke

Booth Staff: Juro, Hawkeye
Free: Adrian, Sean

TAKEDOWN

Checking posts...

Last edited by juro on 01-12-03 at 10:27 PM

See less See more
#2 ·
Juro, I can be there early on Friday to help with set-up and other needs and to help man the booth during the day.

Not sure yet if I can make it on Saturday.

Q

#6 ·
Updates:

Thanks Mark - I took you off completely for Sunday so you could have part of Fri, Sat AM, and Sun AM to enjoy the show. If you get bored we'd love to have you at the booth Sun AM but as a three-day veteran it's more than we could ask.

Striblue - I took you off all day Sunday, between the Striblue display case and the help on previous days we are indebted to you once again buddy.

I can't seem to find those stray posts where people said they could help breakdown the booth...

Can people please re-post if they are going to be around for 5pm Sunday take-down? Sorry, it's very hard to organize from bulletin board threads!

#15 ·
Thanks to all; we are probably over-booked for Friday to man the booth (see above) but appreciate the offers just the same. You can help out by stopping by and taking a tying session in though :)

jfbasser -

Set-up assistance would be awesome, thank you. I need to check actual opening time, it may be 9am. I will post when known.

#18 ·
YES - this just came up with Dave Fix too...

We need a vise & tools schedule:

Friday, Saturday, Sunday:

Pedestals preferred

Count me in for one for all days.

Goal is 6-8 vises available each day.

Who can bring a vise to the show and leave it there for the day?

#20 ·
Jay -

Spoke w/ Harry, we're on for Sunday afternoon. He can't make Saturday due to some plans that popped up.

Thanks anyway for the heads up.

2HandTheSalt said:
Juro, I was talking to Harry Koons yesterday and he told me he was tying on Saturday.

Additionally, you have, " Sat, noon-6," listed under Sunday.

#24 ·
Juro,
Looks like I'll be around this weekend on Saturday. Need any help with anything? Sorry to keep pestering you, but don't know who else to ask?

Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.