Fly Fishing Forum banner

good gloves

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  NrthFrk16 
#1 ·
I will be headed to Argentina in a few days, and I was wondwering if anyone(BC.,Polaski?) had any favorites. Neoprene is too fat and clammy. Any one like the wind stopper fingerless? Thanks.

#2 ·
Eddie...you lucky DOG! I've got a heavy pair of Simms fingerless and a thinner pair of the windproof fingerless...I wear the windproof all the time on the water(just like the windproof vest and/or jacket...) great stuff!) and keep the heavier/warmer/dry pair for when my hands need to warm up after the last cast on the way back to the car...Life is too short to suffer from cold hands and/or feet if you can do something about it...Fleece forever!
CHEERS

#3 ·
Ditto on the 'lucky dog'!

Please take lots of pictures and I will be salivating over the trip report I'm sure.

I still love the old woolies from my winter steelhead days, especially the ones that are a little longer on the wrists and have a little elastic sewn in vertically. Thin wool as opposed to the thick stuff.

I also have a pair of fleece with the grip pads on the palms - primo. Not as warm as the wools and have a stranger feeling when wet than the wool, but dry quickly and don't hold water.

I have glacier gloves too, and in extreme conditions I love them but overall they are a bit restrictive and don't roll up into a nice small ball in the pockets.

GOOD LUCK!

#4 ·
Simms makes a great pair of fleece pseudo-gloves. They have two holes, one for your pointer finger and one for your pinky finger. They are totally open in the palm area but cover the back of your hand. They keep my surprisnigly warm even in the nastiest weather and they allow for maximum movement. Plus they are only $6 or $7.

#5 ·
Ditto on the Simms fingerless/palmless gloves! I wear mine on the Thompson River right through November and they keep my hands very warm and they allow a direct touch on the rod - these are great gloves.

Tight lines - tyler.

#6 ·
In the end, I brought along the OR. wind stopper fingerless gloves. They were good, but after a while, my hand would get cramped up from the extra material in the palm. The Sims things looked funny, but now they make alot of sense. They are hard to find in a pinch.

#9 ·
Eddie (04-25-2001 10:36 a.m.):
In the end, I brought along the OR. wind stopper fingerless gloves. They were good, but after a while, my hand would get cramped up from the extra material in the palm. The Sims things looked funny, but now they make alot of sense. They are hard to find in a pinch.
So next time you will listen to kush and myself?? :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.