Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rip Trip-Sept 27,28

3K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  DFix 
#1 ·
I am posting this to see if there is any interest.... Those weekend dates are big tides... I could go for a Friday, the 26th...if that works... I will have to speak to Keith....just sign on here...

#2 ·
John, I'm a definite. I'll check with a couple of other guys, including Dave Browne to see if they are interested.

That should be a great time based on the minus tides and potential migration. We have been blownout since last fall. A change is due.

Simms

#6 ·
John put me down as a definite!

This will probably be my last trip to the Cape this year and I can't think of a better way to round out the season. Lets just praaaaayyyy for a break on the weather front - no pun intended :rolleyes:

Hey Juro - can't wait to get my hands on that new double-hander either:smokin:

#7 ·
It's been almost a year since I've been able to get out there and say yes to one of these, but this time I can make it. I was gonna be out there anyway that weekend with a friend who also was with us last October for the trip that didn't materialize.

Summary: I'm definite plus one (Bert)!

#12 ·
Fish Hawk... we are never quite sure if the trips are filled until the week before... so I have at this time a "priority" list.... Your are in at this time since I can not detremine if Dave brown is in from Jim Sims post... I will do a list as usual with back up list also...

#14 ·
Dave Browne

John, finally spoke to Dave Browne. He definitely wants to go, but there is one caveat: he has jury duty in September, and cannot guarantee that he will be there at that time. Thus, he should be placed on the backup list. Mentioned that to him, and he was ok with that.

Regardless, he will be on the cape in September, possibly most of the month, but can't commit 100% to the rip trip.

He was indebted to you, Juro and Dave Pearson for your openness in learning the intricacies of SB & Monomoy.

The albies are in his area on L.I. now. He said yesterday there were at least 200 within range. Out of a dozen guys with the long rod and an equal number with spinning rods, 2 fish were landed. Either they didn't match the bait of choice or they obviously wouldn't eat.

Today, they were not there, he said. Go figure.

Simms

#15 ·
Jim... I will put him on the reserve list..If you see him, please thank him for the flys he sent me and let him know I will be down during many days in early to mid September, some days during the week and on weekends so I will look for him.

#20 ·
Just bringing back to the top.

A couple of questions:

How's the seal population down the point? I think I know the answer based on what's along South beach.

John, did you consider the week of the 20th? You cou fish just about the whole outgoing. Also considering the way things have gone this year maybe you could get four try's for at least one trip over the two weekends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.