Fly Fishing Forum banner

Somerset, NJ Fly Fishing Show

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  boarmountain 
#1 ·
Anyone coming to the Fly Fishing Show in Somerset, NJ this weekend? If so, perhaps a get-together could be arranged...

Just a thought...

Best regards,

-Doc

#4 ·
Juro,

Are you hanging out at a specific booth or roaming? I will try to find you, but the show is kinda big...or will you be walking around with a two-hander over your shoulder as a marker? Sort of like the flag on a bicycle...

Slinger,

Sorry you can't make the trip south. Looking forward to another ice-breaker on a certain river...tying some Slammers in anticipation.

Best regards,

-Doc

#7 ·
OK, this is starting to come together:cool:

I will be hanging around the booth for the "Make Stripers A Game Fish" effort of Stripers Forever. It will be in the lobby, I guess. Mrs. Doc (a fanatical fly fisher if ever there was one) and I will be reachable through that booth. If we're not there, leave a message. I'd be happy to coordinate (Meister?) a get-together, perhaps at the Doubletree's bar and/or eatery.

Just let me know!:D

Juro, where might we find you? Your knowledge of all things Striper plus your experience on Single Malts is most sought after.

Best regards,

-Doc

#11 ·
Doc -

Thanks for the invite! I will be roaming around spending time with CND dealers like Tightlines Fly Fishing of NJ and Saltwater Edge of RI who will also be there.

I'll be attending a meeting after Sat to discuss line designs but should have Friday night open if that works for you guys. I plan to head out Friday morning for the long drive, can't leave tonight due to a family commitment.

I will send a PM w/ cell # so we can hook up.

#12 ·
I always stop by to see Andrew at Tight Lines, so perhaps I'll see you there Juro. Thinking of taking one of Drew's guided trips on the Delaware at some point in time; perhaps not this year, as the fly fishing budget is already scheduled to be shot, but definitely a possibility for next year.

#13 ·
Okay, here is how things are shaping up:

Friday PM looks like a get-together at the Doubletree rehydration facility for discussion of striper conservation issues, fishing, tying and quality control testing of single-malts. 1600 hrs might be a good time to start. Comments? Suggestions?

Juro, will look for your PM, or you can e-mail me, as you find convenient.

Fishhawk, no need to sleep on the floor. We have beds here in Joisey, too.

Flyfisha 1, thanks for alerting me to TightLines and the folks there. What a great shop! Drew is a heck of a nice guy as well. See you at Somerset, I hope.

All others, hope to see you as well.

Best regards,

-Doc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.