Fly Fishing Forum banner

Miramichi Mid-July

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
I will be fishing the Miramichi near Ludlow the week of July 11th. I would appraciate it if any of you who are on the river would post reports of river conditions and fishing quality as July approaches.

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Thanks Scruffy Fish.

I forgot all about Doak's reports.

I have spent many a July on the Miramichi near Doaktown with mixed results. Last year defied the odds. The temperature was in the high 80's F, but fishing was excellent in the coldwater pools.

This year I will be little farther up-river, but the phases of the moon will be about the same. Frankly, I don't know what effect, if any, moon phases have on fishing for atlantic salmon, but it was the only factor I had to correlate between this year and last.

Thanks again.

CK

#4 ·
Smolt,

The moon phases don't have such a big influence on the fish per say. But they do influence the tides and high tides mean there should be lots of fish coming in. So hopefully they should be in in good numbers when you get there.

Good luck!

Charlie.

#5 · (Edited)
The bad news is that Doak's has not posted a report on the Miramichi since June 22nd, which I take to mean the fishing has not been very good.

The good new is that Doak's has not posted a report on the Miramichi since June 22nd, which I hope means the fish will be moving into the river in number in about a week or so, just in time for my planned trip.

If anyone has any news of fishing on the Miramichi, please post it or send me a PM.

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.