Fly Fishing Forum banner

Two Rods for sale

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  GregS 
#1 ·
Anyone interested in a 9 wt. Orvis Saltrodder and 10 wt. Loomis GL-2 . In excellent condition and not used alot. $100 each.. Great second rods or First Rods. Each has sock and tub

#4 ·
john, it's about 8 years old.. I think.. about the first time they came out. I did not use it alot because I was using a new Sage SP at the time. It is in excellent condition with no use chips and you can see from the cork that that is true. I have 3 nine wts inaddition to that one and feel that I will not be using it. I have a new Winston XTR and a two year old Winston BL-5 ,including the Sage.

#11 ·
John.. I really don't know since I have only saltwater flyfished with it.. but my usual flies would be on those size hooks and the rod worked well with an intermediate line. You might be able to get more signifiacant info from an Orvis dealer who is familiar with the rod.

#12 ·
My recollection is that the Saltrodder series is pretty much the same as the non-TL silver label series, so you could probably get a good idea of the action from casting a high index midflex 9'9 wt silver label (like a 7.5 flex).

I had a 10 wt saltrodder for about 5 years and loved it. Not super fast, but really cast heavy lines and big flies well, but had enough sensitivity to make catching smaller fish fun. I lost it overboard last year and am still p.o.'d about it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.