Fly Fishing Forum banner

My new baby...

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  fishhead 
#1 ·
This post doesn't exactly pertain to fly fishing (yet) since she can't hold a rod, but this is a picture of my new baby girl Amelia. She was born last Saturday morning. It's the first child for my wife and I. As you can see, she already got my shirt dirty within an hour of being born! A sign of things to come maybe?

Scott

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks to everybody for the congrats! :) I've already bought the shotgun and the rocking chair Juro. Once she turns 13 she's getting locked in a closet until she's 50 anyway.

Eddie, my wife and I really like classic names and she was actually supposed to be Noelle until she came out and my wife said she looked more like an Amelia than a Noelle, which became her middle name. Amelia was our first choice for a girl's name until a few months ago.

RayStachelek said:
What's the size limit on baby girls now? Length and weight is enough.
I'm not exactly sure, but she was 8lbs 3oz and 20.5" which must be over the limit since they didn't make us throw her back! :)

OC said:
Great work Teflon! But you know you will have to trade in those fancy sport cars you like for a family van now. :D
I already did that. Now I'm the (proud? nah) owner of a Volvo after years and years of cursing at the crappy Volvo drivers on the roads!!! :Eyecrazy: My wife and I bought it when I found out she was pregnant. You know what kind of car it replaced so you can imagine how I feel about that! :(

#10 ·
Teflon,
We all drive Volvo's here in Seattle. I just wish they had put coffee cup holders in the older ones for my fu fu drinks. If you got a station wagon I think you will learn to like them. They are safe and can hold more gear than most SUV's. I can even put a 9ft 6 inch surfboard inside if I take the head rest out. You have a beautiful baby girl she deserves a safe car. My daughter is expecting her third child and i made her go buy a Volvo station wagon, she will be the only Wyoming rancher to own such a vehicle.
Good luck again and they turn 13 before you are ever ready for that day.

#11 ·
OC,

He wouldn't have to give up performance if he gets himself one of the Dodge Magnum SRT-8 wagons with the new 425 horse 6.1L hemi that are now on the market. Heck they even have side curtain airbags available and they have a lot more cargo space than a Volvo wagon, which means they could hold even more or longer rods while you burn rubber on the way for groceries or the fishing hole. Of course, speeding tickets are optional depending on driver preference.

It would sort of be like ZOOM! ZOOM! on steroids; but it sure isn't your father's station wagon.

#12 ·
Congrats Scott.....enjoy every minute that you are with her. My daughter pulled a reverse.....5 yrs ago, she put a flyrod in my hand and I never went back. Re dating and locking her in the closet till she's 50......I always told my daughter that she couldn't date till she was 34.....well now she is...time goes fast.....I'd up the age if I was you :)
Ron

#13 ·
Congratulations to you and your wife.
One of my favorite places in the world to fish is Point Amelia' Its on the West Coast of Kruzof Island take a right turn coming out of Sitka Sound and its the Big rocky headland on the West end of Shelikof Bay. Probably find it on a google when you don't have anything better to do :chuckle:

#14 ·
Hearty congratulations. Along the lines of the shotgun and the rocking chair a line I plan on using goes something like this... pull him off to the side and quietly tell him "Amelia means the world to me and I just wanted you to know I've been to prison and I am not afraid to go back." Pat him on the shoulder, sit down and continue to clean your shotgun.

#18 ·
WAY to GO!!!! Dad. Congrats to both of you on Amelia. Like the others stated beautiful name for a wonderful new addition to your family.

I just sold(traded) my Volvo wagon for a pick up-Dodge Dakota. The 1984 240DL is sorely missed. Smooth, safe, great ride. I carried my 17 foot Sealoutions Kayak hanging out the back for a long time. I wanted to remove the doors and hatch and keep it as a "farm buggy" for only off road on my spread. Wife said no junkie cars on this farm. OK, says I.

We have Leeanne, Kelly, Jessie, Jenna and Emma Elizabeth in our brood plus two boys, Joey and Anson. From 23yrs to 18 mos are the girls' ages. 2 in college, one HS, one is 3 and the last is Emma at 18 mos. Boy where does the time go?

As far as the dating thing goes.....got the shotgun, too ...but mostly for farm pests of the 4 legged variety. Haven't had a problem yet with any knuckle draggers. Maybe the introduction to the Paslode Nailer does the trick. You just cross your eyes slightly or give your best Jack Elam look and stare at his ear and inform him calmly that the Paslode is not limited by cords or air hoses and that it will help junior keep his jeans from sagging and coming undone. In Fact-and demo with a 2 X 4 in front of him- it will even go right through those Levi Strauss rivets and grommets and zippers like butter! Loose belts and buckles? no problem! Got roving hands? no problem! we'll just stick them suckers in your own pockets and keep them there til you bring my girl back home and I'll get the nail puller. She can drive on your date and I'll help you in and out of the car. The nailer discharge gets their attention every time! Ka-POW! lol! 16 is the minimum age to start thinking about dating and 25 is sorta ok to think about getting married.

But really- glad to hear of your new arrival.
Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.