Fly Fishing Forum banner

Sault Ste Marie Fish Cam

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  wirefly 
#1 ·
Good Day

I'm not sure if this has been posted here before or not but Lake Superior State University's Aquatic Research Lab has an underwater fish cam set up at the Edison Sault Power Plant in the St Mary's river. At the location that they release LL Salmon. the link is

http://www.lssu.edu/arl/fishcam.php

Check it out

Bill Gass
Oromocto, NB

#5 ·

Glad you guys liked the salmon cam, as I understand it Lake Superior State University releases about 40,000 atlantic salmon at this site every year and they return to that area as do many other salmonids due to the proximity of the
St Marys river rapids. A phenominal fishery in its self. Ofcourse these atlantic salmon donot go to the atlantic they use the great lakes as their ocean. Steelhead fishing there in spring 2000 I saw a guy land an atlantic that was approx 3 feet long, so not going to the ocean doen't slow their growth. The fish cam link had circulated earlier this fall on the Salmon List. I'm not sure as to the exact location of this cam.

Bill Gass
New Brunswick

PS - I tried to attach a pic of me fishing in one of the tribs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.