Fly Fishing Forum banner

Gaspe Atlantics

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  PKK 
#1 ·
I was woundering what the fishing conditions are like on the rivers of the Gaspe right now.(water conditions and fresh fish)? I have a short time frame that opened up this next week. I've never been there. I,m a chronic steelhead fisherman, and have always wanted to get addicted to atlantics. Can anyone help me with my fix? I would like to do it non guided.

Thanks Peter

#2 ·
Contact Ann Smith ("LadyAmherst") at info@LadyAmherst.com or 1-866-747-5511. She can fill you in on everything you want to know. If there are fish to be had, she will let you know. Doing it without a guide your first time may be risky. In my experience, a good guide on strange water makes a big difference, especially if you do not have much time to spend fishing.

#5 ·
Hooked two on the Grand Cascapedia today, including a real big fella, who unfortunately threw the fly after a few minutes. Water is coming down (the river has been closed the last two days; the Cascapedia experienced a 4.5 foot raise of water) with visibility of @ 4-5 feet.

The Bonaventure River is up 1 foot from a heavy rain last night. Water levels are those of late June; in other words, more or less perfect. A friend landed a 40 pound hen on the Petite Cascapedia today.

The fish are here in excellent numbers. The month of August should supply some of the finest fishing in recent memory. Anyone booked in on the Grand Cascapedia had best tie some good knots and check their supply of backing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.