Fly Fishing Forum banner

...field notes...

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MattS 
#1 ·
...Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS) has some pocket sized note pads made for "wet" conditions (water proof paper) that looked good for on-the-water notes. ($5.)
...I'll bring one to Marlboro for show-n'-tell...
Cheers!

#2 ·
hmmm...been looking for something like that.

I wonder how waterproof? have you tested it? any special writing utensil? try running it under the sink yet?

We used to use tablets when diving. I've been meaning to locate a dive shop in the area to take a look-see at how tablet technology has changed over the last 15 years.

#3 ·
...Besides this plain version, the company does a variety of police and emt note books...
The paper is slightly heavier and treated to repel water and not get fragile once wet. They recommend pencil or "all weather" ball point pen (?). 'Not talkin' about underwater basket weaving but it's nice to be able to capture those profound revelations when they come along...
Last year I carried 3x5's to write down "notes to self" and they took a beating or got lost. This year I'm going to record the "note worthy" (Roop catches BIG fish...Roop catches another BIG fish...etc) and I want to keep them all in one spot and this is the best solution I've found to date.
FWIW...I'll bring it to the Marlboro & Wilmington shows...

#5 ·
...note to self...

...'never try to keep up with Iron-alloy-man when he's striding down the beach hot on the scent of stripers in the surf !!!...

#7 ·
Go to any Scuba diving store and ask for a "dive slate". These are a simple piece of plastic and attached pencil that you can use to take notes/write underwater or in wet conditions. Cleans up with simple softscrub or toothpaste and can be reused thousands of times. Costs about $3-$5 for a 4"x6" slate.

Used 'em for years diving.
Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.