Fly Fishing Forum banner

Dan's March Madness

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  removed_by_request 
#1 ·
Ok, I was at the vice tonight and developed a new pattern that will soon be filling my boxes. I figured I would show you it, and see what you guys think.

Since it's March, I had to give it a unique name that fits the spring season! I think it's cute ;) :D

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Ahh....

Yes, using lead wire on the shank also can hel this. I usually do this on most of my GL patterns. What also works is slipping a tungsten bead on before you tie your fly on that is capable of sliding up and down. This works great at times.

G
#6 ·
What works best is a handful of gremlin split shot.:devil:

Always found with steel that bottom dragging is highly over rated. Take a good look at thier eyes.

They look up for a reason. IMO if you are 3-4' deep in a 7' hole you are deep enough to get them to smack your fly. Unless of course you are talking about flossing the fish. :tsk_tsk: :tsk_tsk:

#7 ·
LOL....

Come here steelie.....steelie.....steelie! Yeah, if they are aggressive enough to attack it, then you don't need to be right on the bottom.

In winter though, I usually will be concentrating on getting down deep, quickly. Sometimes fish will have "lockjaw" and you have to put it right in front of their face; especially stale, holdover fish.

G
#11 · (Edited)
I posted they were my least liked fly. If I were fishing downstream of you, you would not have time to fish. You would be awed by my fish catching ability. Probably ask me to autograph MS's book.

Great pattern for the PM boys flossing fish off the redds isn't it Hal???

I think the ESL is the one you hated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.