Fly Fishing Forum banner

Early mornin bash

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  SteelBoneguy 
#1 ·

1 for 6 on the early morning bite. The big one landing on the head broke everything off up to the line.:( My fault, as you can see, kept the rod to high.:tsk_tsk:

Enjoy the pictures.:)

Regards

Jean Marc

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
SteelBoneguy said:
Web,

Great pics, those are some AIR JORDAN TARPON. The one pic w/ the rod is a big DADDY.

Is that St. Kitts where you are fishing ?
Hi Steelbone,

It is Saint Martin/Sint Maarten, 45 minutes from St Kitts.

The Big Daddy is the one who broke everything up to the line, my fault, rod kept too high.:tsk_tsk:

Regards

Jean Marc

#6 ·
#7 ·
Cool pic Juro, amazing how much bone is inside of that mouth. Were you guys fishing barbless or w/' barbs. I only fished once w/ a barb and I think the barb impairs the hook set, the remainder of the time I fished barbless.

Web,

Do you live in St. Marten? I'll be there this coming March for a day or two. Inlaws paying for sail boat cruise. Will be going to St. Kitts, St Marten, Anguilla, St. Barts, a couple of BVIs. I plan to fish whenever the boat stops.

Do keep up the pics. Next time you'll land that big boy.

Take care fellas. My tarpon blood pressure is on the rise now.. And it is steelhead season in WI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.