Fly Fishing Forum banner

E-savers to NC

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jared 
#1 ·
Not that I can take advantage of it, but did anyone get the latest e-savers bulletin?? $149 RT to North Carolina from Boston!!!!!!!! those albies don't seem so far away...

-jared

(insert standard disclaimers here)

#2 ·
Jared, what airline is the E-Savers fare on? I'm asking because I had a bad US Airways experience on my trip. The flight was about 4.5 hours late leaving Boston on the way down and was cancelled outright on the way back. We were put on Midway Airlines instead for the flight back to Boston and I was impressed. They were very fisherman friendly(they didn't mind that i wanted to bring my rod(2-piece) as a carry-on) which is more than i could say for USAir or many of the other major carriers.

I've also heard that Southwest Airlines flies BOS-RDU quite cheap(I've seen as low as $88 RT)

Matt

#4 ·
E-savers is via US Air...

Tidbits for Sig Others:

The guy who taught me to tie flies explained to his later-to-be-wife on their first
date that "fly rods always increase in value" -- I asked him if he hadn't meant to say
"bamboo rods" but he smiled and said, no!!

Another friend of mine announced that the greatest invention to hit the fly fishing world was the advent of multi-rod cases. He claimed that it made it near impossible for his wife to accurately guage how many rods he actually had.

(your mileage may vary)

:)

--jared

#5 ·
One day my wife accidentally closed the trunk on one of my favorite fly rods. She didn't work when the kids were little so was taking the kids and dogs to the beach and thought my fly rod might be fun for the kids. After the kids came running to me with the news she said "go buy any rod you want" and I realized how blessed I was. I think I've been replacing that rod ever since!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.