Fly Fishing Forum banner

New Here

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  extmtbiker 
#1 ·
I'm new here, and a fairly new flyfisher. I currently reside in SLC Utah, USA. I've got extensive experience Bass fishing, a fair amount of Salt water as well. Since Utah isn't renowned for either, I thought I'd get off my rear and do some flyfishing. I've fished both the Provo and Green since I've been here. I'm 28, married, like long walks on the beach, Pina Colodas, and candlelight dinners.... :razz:
I do not and probably never will tie my own flies. I'm interested in learning more about flyfishing in Utah for trout and anything else that will nibble on a hook.
Now that I'm done rambling I'll go read some other posts.

#4 ·
Welcome! You've found a great place here, lots of info and good people.

And I'd like to see how your tying is in a few years ;). Ask Striblu...he went from nothing to thousands in one winter!

Nick

#5 ·
Winter will be the big test.....its my least favorite season, I hate snow, I hate the cold, and the short days. I'm currently trying to transfer back to Texas....Houston to be exact. Probably going to take me a year or more, though....

#8 ·
Re: WOW!

BobK said:
You're only 6 hours drive from HEAVEN (Yellowstone)! Super. The only downside of living there is 3.2 beer!

BobK
Another downside: Utah is run by the LDS church. No offense to any Mormons here, but a church does a poor job of running a State.
Personally, I think Heaven is the Outer Banks, North Carolina.
I do enjoy Yellowstone, but its been years since I've been there.

#9 ·
WELCOME!

Atc1man,
Bob k is right, Yellowstone is Heavenly! But before the Big Guy made Yellowstone, He spent the night in the Teton's!;)
Just get off I 80, east of Evanston, and take 189 N., and follow it to Jackson. You'll find what you are looking for. It's a place where you could spend your whole life flyfishing, and never be un-happy!
Closer-in for you, and not as crowded.
Bridger-Teton, Wind River, Salt River, etc. The options are endless
Deerhawk

P.S. Did I mention Grand Teton N.P..... oh yea!

#13 ·
I'm a beach bum and southerner at heart. When it comes to fishing, I'd rather be bass fishing or saltwater fishing, neither of which are available in Utah. And there would be a considerable pay raise involved (about 20%), and cost of living is cheaper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.