Fly Fishing Forum banner

56 incher caught off South beach

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Chris 
#1 ·
My Bad...sorry guys... but this is a Non-flyfishing picture... my daughter.... heading into high school.....

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Just remember, with boys you only have to worry about one boy. With daughters you have to worry about them all. My girls are all growed up so I've been able to retire the ash stick I used to keep by the door. She's kinda young, You must have started late, Huh? I'm 42 and my youngest is her age.

#6 ·
She is my youngest... I have two older boys..... On a day I turn 54 I am lucky. One boy struggled with ADHD and a learning disability and just finished his freshman year at Curry College and started on the Varsity Lacrosse team.... My middle boy was elected captain of his Lacrosse team at Winchester High...the only Junior elected to the All state team... and his coaches tell me he is a shoe in for High School All-American next year.... Every day I come home he has letters from Colleges... for Football as well. ... a 17 year old with 4.5 speed. Last year and a Tuna... These will be my only personal posts ...back to flyfishing after.

Attachments

#8 ·
I'll second Chris' statement on raising girls

I raised 3 and it takes a big toll on you and wears on you. Although I'm only in my 40's I'm getting AARP literature sent to me and Denny's want me to dine before 4:30 to qualify for my discount. When I wade out into the river young men ask if I need a hand getting out, and some guy tried to sell me on the benefits of pre-paid hospice care the other day. At least now I can act cantankerous and strange and folks just sort of smile at me. But I still have my whuppin stick close by. Them boys never quit knockin on the door. And past 7:30 too when a guy is tryin to get some sleep! :mad: Just look at Striblue's picture. Why, he's probably only 35 but look what that lovely young daughter has done to him!

#10 ·
John- thanks buddy- makes me feels like I still "got a chance" at a family despite still being single at 41...just need to find someone who will put up with me and who is into flyfishing (and/or hunting/shooting)!!!
Doc Shep :devil:

#11 ·
So it`s not just your flies that turn out beautiful! You must be a proud father. Fresh back from the wedding of daughter # 2 this weekend, 2 down and 1 to go. See there is a reason my hair is turning gray and falling out, but I wouldn`t trade one minute of it.
Slinger

#13 ·
Funny thread :chuckle: John you are blessed with some very good looking and successful children. I am sure not luck either. My 15 yr. old daughter just got her driving permit yesterday and the rest of what little hair I had is now falling out. She just started high school last year and now driving......what next? She was here for the month of June and half of July and it was a joy to have her around too bad I had to work every single damn day. She is great and I love her to death. You have plenty of reason to be proud, you have a fine bunch of "kids", I will not be showing my daughter the picture of your youngest son however, for obvious reasons :whoa: . She would come unglued seeing that stud!

Mike M.

#14 ·
Chris... you're killin me!!!!

GEEZ!!! John is still a young guy... Chris, I didn't have my 1st child till I was 43! I'm 51 and my girl is only 6!!! So,Chris, can I borrow that stick after John has finished using it???? Tom D

p.s. John, can I borrow your boys to protect her too? as my wife noted" Ally's
brother is so skinny, he won't frighten anyone off!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.