Fly Fishing Forum banner

New RI Website

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  artb 
#1 ·
I hope I am doing this right, but I found this morning that Weekapaug Baitshop is now on line. Charlie has a fishing report which should be of interest even though it is not flyfishing only, because of its location, next to the Weekapaug Breachway it has a reliable fishing report of the Charlestown to Westerly area, check it out those of you that fish, or want to fish the area. Recovering from my operations. I hope to get the staples out Thursday soon as the Doc says I can drive again, I'm going fishing.

#2 ·
Art - THANKS! We all wish you a speedy recovery; glad they got you all stapled up and back in one piece. Amazing what they can do with office supplies nowadays

Now that the Boneclave is winding down, we're already thinking about Rhodyfest '2000 in October. I'm sure you'll be a regular on the breachways and beaches by then and it'll be worth it's weight in gold to have your reports and advice.

Once again get well quick and I really look forward to meeting up on the beautiful rhody coast!

take care and let's talk often,
Juro

#5 ·
Thanks for the well wishes. Sorry I didn't put the address in, I thought I did. Dave here is the address. Count me in,on a conclave,if things continue to go OK. In a few days, Sept.15, the beaches are open to vehicle traffic, with a beach permit. Weekapaug Bait and Tackle address. http://www.weekapaug.com/

#6 ·
get well quickly Art, those tunoids are probably calling to you. how do the beach permits work in R. I. do you just get a state permit? or is it by town? thanks, Tom D

#9 ·
Art -

Did you type it into one of these windows? Was it email? If it's on my side I want to know so I can contact the server people.

Also, even if the 'send' doesn't work you can use the mouse to highlight the text you typed, then use the right mouse button to "copy".

Open a notepad or other editor and then "paste" it. That way even if the connection is bad you still have all your work.

Another option, if it was email, is to save it to a draft.

Art, I really hate to hear about losing out on an hour of your insight on Rhody... have you shut down or rebooted the system since you typed this all in? If not, don't - you might be able to get back to it by using the "back" button.

let us know,
Juro

#10 ·
Juro, I did send e-mail to you this morning. I did the same thing that I did to the last message, which didn't ask for a nickname. I did lose the info. This morning I went an changed my e-mail address, the board has my nickname listed correctly, but the board yesterday said I forgot my nickname, which I did not. In writting the article, I could find any place to put a nickname, other than my account. It was listed there correctly. I don't like putting this on the board, but when I send e-mail it takes a while to get an answer. I am not complaining, as I would rather go fishing also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.