Fly Fishing Forum banner

Thunder, Skeeters & Minnows

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  John Desjardins 
#1 ·
Thunder, Skeeters & Minnows; Thats the short version of todays report. In honor of fathers day I was given a partial day off from parent hood & got out to a couple of streams in central Mass. I explored some old favorite pools in a tributary of the quabbin, with the results noted above. Switched to the Ware river and more thunder, skeeters & minnows. By now I was wet from the rain that accompanied the thunder and decided to try a brook that has been good for brookies in the past. All I got there was more thunder & skeeters. Time to dry off and enjoy the rest of fathers day.

#2 ·
Could have done much worse than exploring that gorgeous country out that way, I remember spending time around Quabbin a lot when my friends and I first got our drivers licenses. Most of the time we would beeline for gate 8 but the exploring around that area was always fun and rewarding.

Smallmouth over at gate 42 should be out of this world by now in the post-spawn. Hear any reports?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.