Fly Fishing Forum banner

where are all the TIERS??

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
OK,is anyone tying besides me? if so whats up? anothing NEW! DIFFERENT!
GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN :smokin:

#6 ·
SQUID of a different kind!!!!

O.K. Ill start off heres one of my squids Im doing 12 of them for next spring. there 9" long an on a 3/0 hook w/ 30lb floro carbon leader. if you seen flyfisher magazine Tim has one on the cover. got another in the VISE an will be finnished soon. will post later it's my CONFEDY SQUID. this one is REDISH/PINK.
GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN :smokin:

Attachments

#7 ·
Sat down at the bench for the first time this weekend. Tying season has started.

Although I have a rod ready and the boats is winterized, I feel that I still might wet a line. Weather is still mild and the water temps are still high. Still think ( if you are lucky) some fish will move through.

At the beginning stages of tying I'm replishing the flies lost by clients and bluefish. I call it production tying. Later on I'll tie new patterns that interest me. Lastly I go over my notes I've made throughout the season, and see if I can design/ or re-design something new.

Tight threads

#8 ·
I'm getting ready...

Just put all my tying stuff into storage bins beside my tying desk with sketched out new recipes on the drawing board. Man how the heck did I ever get that much material :eek:

It's going to be a very active tying winter for me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.