Fly Fishing Forum banner

A new flyfisherman

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Adrian 
#1 ·
Hello folks, I am very new to fly fishing. I just found this forum while searching the net for information on fly fishing. I have been an avid fisherman since I was a youngster. I did try fly fishing some 25 years ago with little success. I had no idea what I was doing and purchased a cheap rod from a discount store. Thanks to this forum and reading some books recently I am hopefully getting started properly this time. I just ordered a 4pc 9' 5wt Streamlight outfit from L.L. Beans today. I do hope to leave my center console boat on the trailer more time this year as I fish some of the streams and brooks here in the Adirondack mountains of NY. I look forward to reading some good advice from the members of Flyfishing Forum.

#2 ·
Welcome aboard! You will find a wealth of info here and lots of people willing to share advice freely.

Don't negelect that center console completely. I'm sure there are a few guys here who would gladly set you up with a 9wt outfit for the day and show you some hot places to tussle with Mr. Striper and his saltwater cousins;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.