Fly Fishing Forum banner

Thanks to forum members

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jamie 
#1 ·
I just spent the day sleeping off some jet lag having returned to the UK.

I had a great time fishing along South Beach and it was good to meet up with some of you guys; your advice was greatly appreciated. I did not get to fish as much as I would have liked, and was unable to actually plan when to go out. As a consequnce could not meet up with some of you as I had hoped. Well it was a family holiday afterall. :tsk_tsk:

The wife is already convinced we should go back for another holiday. I just need to work on the week of hardcore fishing with just some fishing buddies; but I will get there :lildevl:

thanks again.

the flies I got from the auction were just the trick. Thanks to all of the tiers.

#2 ·
Our Pleasure

Jamie, you reminded me of our Chatham Angler's Club president, the right honourable John Morin, wading S. Beach flats in shorts!

I met you a couple of times on the ride over and on the flats. You were hooked up a couple of times that we met. For a novice on our flats you did very well. Congratulations.

Let us know when you can get back for some serious fishing.

Simms

P.S. Did you get the Sage Xi2?

#3 · (Edited)
Blue legs

Jim, It was good to meet you. The shorts were more out of necessity, as I decided to leave my waders back in the UK. First time out, I have to admit to feeling a little cold, the second time wasn’t too bad.

I caught a few nice fish, nothing compared to the beauties you were pulling in. Did beat my personal best from the salt on the fly by more than double. A memorable trip and one I hope to repeat next year.

I bought a Xi2 from where you suggested I might find one; the Goose Hummock in Orleans. I bought an 8 weight, as this is of more use to me in the UK. Had a chance to cast it for a few hours off the beach down Cockle Cove Road on Wednesday, but did not connect with anything. It is a nice rod, which throws some really tight loops.

It is now 4.10am in the morning in the UK, and I am as bright as a button. Tried sleeping without success and given up on it now. I have a date with some Fathers Day trout on a chalkstream in a few hours, so have decided to sort out my gear and tie a few flies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.