Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rip Trip Sign up for OCTOBER 7 AND/OR OCTOBER 8

7K views 85 replies 22 participants last post by  Adrian 
#1 ·
Here is what I posted on the 9/29 sign up thread:

"Just spoke to Keith ....he will not be around for the 29th....plus the fact that he sees the winds really honking from the SW...so he is off to Maine. He will post this afternoon with a confirmation that the next Rip Trip can come off on Sunday , October 7 or Monday, October 8...Monday is Columbus day and a holiday. I will start a new thread for sign ups for October 7 and/or 8th....we should shoot for the 7th with the 8th as back up.

USE THIS THREAD FOR SIGN UPS FOR OCTOBER 7....

#52 ·
John and Pete. I am going to have to cancel. Too much going on after my son's wedding on Saturday. I have a friend here from Bozeman and he's loving the striper fishing. 1st time on the east coast. He leaves tomorrow afternoon for home and wants to catch a few more. Thanks for getting me on the list. Looks like a great crew! Have a blast!

Jim. I hope Pam is feeling better.

Phil

#61 ·
Sunday Rip Trip Cancelled

Sunday Rip Trip Cancelled
Sorry boys, new incoming air mass is coming in with some vigor. 3 out of 4 weather sources are saying wind N 15-20 with gust to 30 and the one had gusts to 25. Channel 4,5, weather channel and NOAA marine forecast.

Lets see what Monday looks like.

Capt. Keith

#63 ·
SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY
AFTERNOON

TONIGHT
SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING W 10 TO 15 KT LATE. SEAS
2 TO 4 FT. PATCHY FOG THIS EVENING. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AFTER
MIDNIGHT. VSBY 1 NM OR LESS THIS EVENING.

SUN
NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT... BECOMING N
15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT IN THE LATE MORNING AND
AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE MORNING.
PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING WITH VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.
Bugger

I can't do monday either. :(

anyone any ideas how morris island/stage harbor is fishing on the outgoing please PM me. all my other alternatives fish in to that NErly.

cheers

Mark.

#67 ·
Sorry Guys... a lot of planning and this can happen... I am driving home tomorrow morning and can not do Monday... I will see you next May:( If there is enough for Monday, you guys who can make it will have to get in touch with Keith and ask him who he wants to be the point guy.

#70 ·
striblue said:
You guys who can do Monday...what is the anticipated weather and wind????
Looking good so far for those who can do a Monday trip. Best of luck if you guys make it.

COASTAL WATERS FROM THE MERRIMACK RIVER MA TO WATCH HILL RI OUT TO
25 NM
ANZ232-070815-
/O.NEW.KBOX.SC.Y.0087.071007T1000Z-071007T1800Z/
NANTUCKET SOUND-
426 PM EDT SAT OCT 6 2007

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY
AFTERNOON

TONIGHT
SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING W 10 TO 15 KT LATE. SEAS
2 TO 4 FT. PATCHY FOG THIS EVENING. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AFTER
MIDNIGHT. VSBY 1 NM OR LESS THIS EVENING.

SUN
NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT... BECOMING N
15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT IN THE LATE MORNING AND
AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE MORNING.
PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING WITH VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

SUN NIGHT
NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT...
DIMINISHING TO 5 TO 10 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT.

MON
W WINDS AROUND 5 KT...BECOMING SW IN THE LATE MORNING AND
AFTERNOON. SEAS AROUND 2 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON.

MON NIGHT
S WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING W LATE. SEAS 1 FOOT OR
LESS...THEN 2 TO 3 FT AFTER MIDNIGHT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

#73 ·
I was down so I drove to the refuge around 6:45AM and the only guy there was Frank(n1gdo)...The wind was starting to blow. Keith was not there yet but one guy was gigging up to do Morris Island which I think Frank was as well. If you guys can not get a quorum just speak with Keith and you will probably have to split the $300 between you...If I could go on Monday...I would do it... with say 5 guys it's still worth it. Good luck.

#74 ·
John....I'd be in if at least 7/8 guys....can't speak for Garry. I'm going to be out of town today to do with the wife what were were going to do tomorrow (if that makes any sense)..will check the site around 4ish...by then I'll contact Garry (he is computerless at the moment) and see how many are up for going on Monday.
Ron

#75 ·
Ron...those who can go and want to should re-sign on this thread so you get a latest number and you need to call Keith too. From what I can tell,I think PoponessetBay since he called me last night and thought he could do it, n1gdo told me he can too and will be on the web tonight,Warren can as can Highway61. There are a number of guys who have not chimmed in yet...so with Garry you have 6 already. Thats only $20 bucks more...$30 to $50.

#76 ·
Sorry Boys, I cannot do Monday either. I made a phone call & the appointment I have for Monday morning cannot be rearranged to the satisfaction of interested parties. Bummer.

Looks like I will see you all next spring. Going outside now to put away the lawn furniture :frown: :frown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.