Fly Fishing Forum banner

Eleuthera trip 4/3-4/9

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Vince 
#1 ·
If anyone has any tips for unique fishing spots, mid or southern Eleuthera, please drop me a note. I'm back to Palmetto Point for a week soon. I'd like to try to find some creeks to wade toward Cape Eleuthera. Bannertown. Greencastle, etc...

I had a lot of luck with #4-#6 tan and white bonefish clousers that I tied. Back to the vise next week to restock.

And of course if the are any of you that will be fishing there around the same dates let me know.

Marty

#2 ·
Marty, I am sure you have explored the deep creek area. If not it can be good, though soft wading in spots. Its a pretty large area with a couple different access points.

Half sound can be good too. Lower tides in am or pm to look for tailers.

The inland flats/lagoons near the princess cay area (where cruise ships come in can be good too)

Just walking deserted beaches can yield good bones, and other stuff too, as well as solitude.

I have two groups there now, but have not heard a report in a few days. Will hear about the trips when they return this weekend and next week.

have a great trip!

#3 ·
Thanks Vince. I've tried Deep Creek a couple of time unsuccessfully. I need to get there extra early to get staged at the right places I guess.

Where do you access Half Sound? I've fished the southern end and seen signs of bones but never a fish. BTW - on the very southern end there I'm pretty sure I saw oysters clinging to the mangrove roots. Can't imagine that they would taste anywhere as good as the Island Creek oysters we get in Duxbury, MA!

I know of two points where local guides launch their boats in Half Sound. Do you just park near the NW corner and walk in?

Marty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.