Fly Fishing Forum banner

UFT - February Meeting

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Sprocket 
#1 ·
Bob Popovics will be the featured speaker at the February 7th meeting of United Fly Tyers. Doors open at 6:30pm. Tying begins at 7pm (or thereabouts depending on traffic). Directions are available at the UFT website (which is apparently back up and running.....)

www.unitedflytyers.org

if you attend, stop by and say hi!

--jared

#7 ·
Jared... great show last night and nice to see Dave F, Todd and Brendan O'Brien.... Sat right next to Poplovic and watched him tie these new Bucktail Streamers... they came out great... some translucent others full... He says this is his new concentration. The slide show was spectacular about Harkers Island and Albie Blitzes. The only problem was I spent another $50 on tying supplies from Hunters and almost dropped $95 on a Hardy 1924 catalogue and fishing book. When I ran out of Money, I put the touch on Brendan who passed me a $20. Oh...brother...

#8 · (Edited)
John --

glad you enjoyed it....(btw, it is spelled Popovics)...:)

As good as the Harker's video was...I thought his bait presentation was remarkable. Best (perhaps first) I've
seen of its kind where saltwater is concerned! Truly groundbreaking work.

Paul DiNolo is joining us next month, and then the annual
auction in April

UFT is soliciting donations, so if anyone feels like donating something it would be greatly appreciated!!!!

--jared

#10 ·
those bucktail patterns

:eyecrazy: hey John, when you tie some of those bucktail streamers up, post some pictures and recipes... notice how I didn't say "if you tie some of those buctails up" :D Tom D

#12 ·
Pop stuff: didn't see him tie but the baitfish video was awesome. I'd like to see it again.
Harkers was pretty cool too.

John: you might be broke but at least you caught forty or so between reels...

as usual, it was a great evening - lots to learn & put into practice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.