Fly Fishing Forum banner

Deer Hair Swap Flies Finally Done

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  John Desjardins 
#1 ·
Mark, Pete and John . . .

I have finally finished my swap flies and they are now in the hands of the US Postal Service. Please accept my apologies for taking so long to complete them -- I hope you will find that it was worth the wait. I tied a batch of my half-breed diving frogs (deer hair and foam) for the swap members and raffle, plus a different fly for the Meister fly so that Mark wouldn't end up with two of the frogs. Then again Mark, with the way the pike clobbered my prototype of the frog fly you may want to keep two of them after all. Here's a group photo:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Here's a link to the recipe for the frogs:

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7324

The only variations from the prototype are that I used head cement to stiffen the weed guard and I glued a small piece of closed-cell foam into the slot in the popper to create a more finished look.

The Meister fly is a standard spun deer hair fly in olive, black and chartreuse with olive grizzly hackles for the tail and 7mm doll eyes.

Q

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.