Fly Fishing Forum banner

Wanted to Buy: Used Abel Reels, Tibor Gulfstream, Tibor Riptide

7K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Lynda 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to buy several used reels in decent condition. Cosmetic flaws are OK, but no damaged or heavily corroded items. Above all else the drags must be in top notch shape.

I want to mix & match for saltwater use to upgrade my reels for my 9' x 6 wt, two 9' x 9 wt, my 9' x 12 wt, & my 12' x 12 wt two hander.

FIRST CHOICE USED ABEL REELS:
Ideally I'm looking to get two or maybe even three Abel reels & extra spools but they must have audible outgoing clicks or be able to be upgraded to have an audible click
Interested in any of the following:
I prefer the Big Game 3N, Big Game 3S, Big Game 3, Big Game 4N, Big Game 4
I'll also consider Super 6 / Super 9 / Super 10

SECOND CHOICE USED TIBOR REELS:
Tibor Gulfstreams (I don't want the QC models).

#5 ·
Danielsson

You did not list the Danielsson - but I have a new Danielsson HD 9/thirteen. I bot reel just before Danielsson came out with new H5D 9/13 and L5W 8/12 with interchangable spools that I "need" for traveling.
The HD 9/13 would be perfect for the TH. I was going to use it on my 11' #12.
Will sell for $375 shipped to U.S. or Canada.
Herb

#6 ·
Tibor 12 weight

I have a Tibor 12 weight reel and extra spool that I purchased new in 2004. It has only been used 1 time and is in perfect condition. It has a Rio Powerflex Core Tarpon line on one spool and a Rio Deep Sea Fly Line - 500 gr on the other spool. Let me know if you are interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.