Fly Fishing Forum banner

Chatham Light--5/28

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Adrian 
#1 ·
Out at 5:30 AM.. must have needed my sleep. Started to make bee line for the point. 4 0r 5 fly guys and one spinner. No action I am told, but sort of knew that since it was early out going. Dick Ives shows up about 6. Tide starts to move quicker and we're on. First I get a 30 incher then Dick hits. From 6 to 7:30 I complete the morning with 6 nice fish, another 30 incher, 3 in the high 20's, and one schoolie. Dick does not keep count but he had the same kind of fish but I lost track at 10. Wallace shows up , the guy from yesterday from Austalia.. He hooks up right away but loses it in the wash. The other fly guys are hitting occationally, but this morning Dick and I had the sweet spot. Very foggy in the morning and we leave as the fog clears and I know it's time for the action there to stop... Did not even bother to go to the other point which would have been the next stop as I read the tide. Have to get home to Boston.. All in all a great morning from the beach. Juro stoped by my place last night and was planning on going out with Todd on his boat at 5:30 AM along with Bill. Till next weekend.

#4 ·
Great reports John. I spent most of Sunday and yesterday wondering why I listen to weather forecasts - it sounds like in between bouts of thunder & lightning, there were fishable periods during which the action was pretty hot - lesson learned!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.