Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hmmm - no posts for a week!

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Interceptor 
#1 ·
Now THAT'S a sure sign that temperatures are rising, snow is melting, and fish are in! Everyone's busy FISHING!

BobK

:hehe:

#3 ·
Oh, No!

You mean they have a CLOSED SEASON out there? Here, it's open on the tribs year round! (Of course, Sept. to May is the best time - except when the deep snows and "-0" temperatures get here. Used to go out then, but fighting frostbite, frozen fingers, feet, lines and guides are a little too much for me in my old age.

But I leave the crowded streams for the weekends. I go shooting, instead. Then, during the week, when I have the streams to myself and a few other retired guys, go out. In fact, shot some Sporting Clays yesterday - today my son visited, but tomorrow I'll be on the streams, HOPEFULLY catching a few.

Oh, well, Jim, you'll have "half pounder" season before you know it. Always something to look forward to!

Plus, I gotta shed some of those "winter pounds", dammit!

Bob

#6 ·
Perfect time

to tie a few more of those high-and-dirty-water flies. Some of the rivers are still a day or two from cresting, but some are already on their way down. By the weekend my line will be wet! Good hookin' to all...

...and don't forget that the fish aren't in the same spots as in the fall or later on.

#8 ·
Snigger, snigger ....

the Rogue is just kicking into high gear!! for winter steelheading. Better yet, Bob M and I were chatting about Charity Clinic 'stuff' a couple of evenings ago .. and it appears the Spring Kings are already heading up river!!

Sigh ... a wealth of riches.:devil:

#11 ·
Re: Fred, beware of karma....

Dble Haul said:
....what goes around comes around.

Your habit of rubbing stuff in the faces of others may someday turn around and bite you in the hiney.

:tsk_tsk: :devil: :razz: ;)
True, too true. But watching a bit of 'Good Morning America' this AM .... Snowing in New York City??????

74 here yesterday, plunging to 72 degrees today under bright blue skys.

#14 ·
Hey, Fred...

You get too "soft" living in conditions like that! That way, you don't appreciate how good frostbit fingers feel as they are thawing out, and keeping time to the music with your knees knocking together! Hell, when was the last time you didn't even know your feet were there for a couple of hours???

Besides, it makes for a good "excuse" for the occasional belt of "anti freeze"! That way, the WCTU doesn't yell too much!

BobK:hehe:

#15 ·
Yeah real winter steelhead fly fishing is not in the PNW its in the GLs I am sorry to say. Makes a man of you if you can handle the January and February conditions along a winter steelhead river.

Hey Bobk hows the steelie fishing in eastern GLs been ? its getting hot where I am. "The Game Is On".

Just don't ask me where I am.

LOL

:D

Int

#17 · (Edited)
True..

Dble Haul said:
And with that Fred, go back and reread my post. :rolleyes:
As long as the weather holds til the beginning of next week (which it's susposed to) for the Charity Clinic this weekend.

Dang forgot to add:

"fred, are you trying to drum up some customers for the B&B? believe me, i'm tempted ! any special rates for people with frost bitten fingers?

i'm due for a climate change...................SG"

Shotgun, normal 'entry fee' is a good bottle of single malt at the door and you're good to go!! So, when should Joan and I expect you? (73-74 again today.)
fae

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.