Fly Fishing Forum banner

Finally I'm home....

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Cole 
#1 ·
FIrst off thanks to Ron (Paxton) for posting the info about me. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. The religous members of my family(I'm not) keep telling me it was all the prayers that pulled me through. When I could finally have visitors Ron told me about the posting. It's nice to know that so many were pulling for me.

About 5 weeks ago I almost died as all my vital signs crashed. I just got home today, 75 pounds lighter and just starting to walk unassisted again. All I've been concentarting on is walking the flats. It looks like late May will be the earlist I get there as I'm still pretty weak. All my muscles have atrophied.

Once again, thanks to everyond.

#2 ·
Good to hear that your home and on your way to a complete recovery,take your time ,don't rush things,late May is just about the right time to hit the flats.(Ps while your out there on some flat enjoying natures beauty,the blue sky ,the warm sweet smelling breezes and maybe the pull of your line as a striper runs you to your backing,stop and think about the power of prayer and why your fortunate to be standing where you are).Not preaching just something to think about. :hihi:

#5 ·
Welcome back to the site Garry or should I just say....welcome back! It was a long and dangerous haul for you. It won't be long till we once again talk nothing but fish during our 2 1/2 drive to Chatham, trade "barbs" while waiting to board Keith's shuttle and come up with creative rationalizations as to why the fish weren't hitting on the drive back. Given that I have seen for myself what your losing 75 lbs. looks like, I only have one remaining concern.......where the heck am I going to find some shade on the flats NOW??? :eek: God, that felt good to do again. :hihi:
Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.