Fly Fishing Forum banner

Short Hackle Popper

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  flyfisha1 
#1 ·
Sat down and did this one.. wanted it short..looks like a sand eel... but sand eel popper????? no.. this would just be an attractor I suppose...White Hackles on the boottom with one white gizzly down the sides and topped with four olive hackles... the inside is bucktail as long as the hackles and 360 degree flashabou.. the top side have two very short grizzly hackles about 2 inches long.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Juro... CAC opens this weekend and I maybe going down with the old 4 weight and hit a couple ponds in Chatham... all stocked... maybe I can hook up to some "old" holdover Browns . May take the Yak out on the pond as well....let me know...

#7 ·
Very tempting... but Sunday looks very warm and sunny and we might try to make up the Nor'easter Spey clave up north. I have to do it early in the season because once my buddies from Chesapeake come back into town my brain gets feathered (little striblue joke there ;))

#9 ·
Doc...They have been at all levels of the water column... I don't use Poppers much but thought I would tye it that way..you know... with the use of the hackles... I will give it or one similar a shot as soon as possible in Chatham.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.