Fly Fishing Forum banner

Pete's (FrenchCreek) Big Adventure

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  FrenchCreek 
#1 · (Edited)
Day two in Rhody USA.......

Aye! the Canadians have arrived to take on the NE fishery. First question I asked Pete....."Where's the Maple Syrup?" He says, "Nothing but Plains in Calgary." I say, "Don't care what flavor it is, bring some."

Today (Sunday) we hooked up with Sean and Steve off the West Wall. With two boats and cell phones we thought we had it made. Only the fish didn't know that.

After Pete and his son Chris had some quick releases near the boat, Pete finally landed a striper. Saw pockets of mullet being attacked on the surface, but that was short lived.

Tide flow was extremely high this morning. Doing 3000 rpm was barely moving us through the breachway. After getting loose from the grips of the current, 3000 rpm moved the boat at 30 mph. Both boat saw several pods of Albies this morning but they wouldn't stick around. Not marking anything most of the morning on the sonar, we picked up the boat and moved to the upper bay. Nothing like yesterdays great fishing. Seems like the raise of barometric pressure from last night storm turned things off today. Maybe too much rain to change the salinity of the top water.

All and all except for my power winch breaking, was a great day. Can't thank Chris and Pete enough for putting up with me the last two days. Imagine for them, no place to run or hide. Least now Chris knows what a good sub taste like. Pete put on a clinic for his son. I was impressed with his casting skills. Never seen anyone roll cast for stripers before.

They're heading to CT tomorrow off the Watch Hill Reefs with Sean and Mark. They'll have a great time. Just hope the fishing changes direction.

Thanks Pete and Chris from the bottom of my boat. Calm seas and clear sailing.

Ray

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Capt. Ray, you got it wrong....
It's Eh, not AYE, you know....
We had a great time, Chris learned a lot from you and can't stop talking about the Blues blitzing around the boat, it is a definite return next year to do it again.
As for the picture you posted, this is my "having a bad hair day" imitation after having being blitzed by Blues all afternoon on Narry Bay with the now internationally recognized famous Capt. Ray and his magic flies!
Now this picture is about Capt. Ray and me after we sort of got blitzed, with the big guy shoving his little Canuck buddy in the back!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.