Fly Fishing Forum banner

CCA Banquet

13K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Bob Pink 
#1 ·
The annual CCA-Boston/MetroWest Chapter Banquet, the chapter's major fundraiser for the year, is scheduled to be held at the Burlington Marriott Hotel on the evening of Friday, March 16th. See the attachment to this message for a copy of the invitation and the extraordinary menu. The hotel is located at the intersection of Route 95/128 and Route 3A north. Tickets are now available. They are priced at $45 each, $80 per couple, or a table for ten at $400.

As always, we plan to have a memorable evening of silent auctions, bucket raffles, and a live auction. And we will have Ted Williams a nationally recognized conservationist, journalist, and angler as our featured guest for the evening.

We have the date, the location, the speaker, and a fabulous menu. Please purchase your ticket as soon as possible. Buy one for yourself and bring a friend. Non-members are welcome. Consider the purchase of a table for your family, friends, clients, business associates, employees, etc. Our goal is to sell all tickets in advance of the event.

Donated items of all kinds, for the auctions and raffles, are encouraged. Books, art, tickets for athletic events, fishing gear/tackle, rods, lures, flies, fly tying materials and tools, electronics, clothing, guided trips, personal services, food, wine, etc. would be greatly appreciated. You should reply to this email if you would like to donate items for the auctions.

Tickets can be purchased by mailing your check made out to CCA Massachusetts, c/o Doug Parker, 276 Arlington Street, Acton, MA 01720. Major credit cards accepted. For additional information, please contact Doug Parker or Brendan O'Brien.

Regards,

Brendan O'Brien
617-244-4948
bjo272@aol.com

Doug Parker
Banquet Chairman
Office 978.263.9009
dparker@peoplepchq.com

See less See more
#2 ·
Can we get a headcount on who is going to the banquet? I saw the menu and all I can say is YOWSA! I'd go just for the food, but it's a great way to contribute to the CCA cause.

Doug Parker and Brendan O'Brien will be submitting the order today so please let me know either by email -or- by posting a reply whether you are going or not.

I am really looking forward to this and hope to see you there. Last year I put both sides of the raffle ticket into the bucket... d'Oh! Wouldn't ya know it got called.

Hung out with a big group afterwards tipping a scotch or two as well. Great time!

It's right in Burlington this year, the big Marriott on Mall Rd. Real nice facility.

<font size="1">BTW - you can pay at the door but CCA needs to get a headcount.</font><!--1-->

#3 ·
Juro, I might go . Would you be planning to get a table for the people on this board who want to go. If I went alone I am sure I would know a number of people but would prefer to sit with people I know from FFF. so please let me know if that's your thinking. Thanks.

#4 ·
That's an awesome idea John... anyone else interested in splitting the table? That would be a great way to show our support for CCA. Either way I am going, so let's plan on meeting up table or no table.

Doug Parker had a menu at the Wilmington Show... Maryland crab cakes, all kinds of great stuff done more of a buffet style this time, and it's at Burlington Marriott - nice digs.

They have great raffle prizes too. I'll try to put only one half of the tickets into the buckets this year!

#7 ·
Today is the last day for us to provide a final count of attendees to the Marriott Hotel. If you want to attend the banquet, please call Brendan O'Brien, 617-244-4948, or Doug Parker, 978-263-9009. Your tickets can be picked up at the door, where they will be held in your name.

- BJO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.