Fly Fishing Forum banner

Danielsson on ebay

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Since many on this board favor Danielsson reels I thought you may be interested in this tidbit.

I recently watched 2 reels sell on E-bay. One a HD9/13 the other a LW8/12. I have the HD9/13 so I was interested in the LW8/12. The interesting thing is that the LW8/12 sold for $418 including shipping and the HD9/13 sold for $429 including shipping. The guy buying the HD paid $11 less than what he could have purchased it for from Danielsson USA. The guy buying the LW paid $108 more than what he could have purchased it for from Danielsson.

Goes to show E-bay is not always a deal if you don't do some research. Also with just an $11 difference in the HD I would go with the dealer on that one also.

#5 ·
i've been trying to order an LW6nine and spare spool for over a month now from the dealer in Oregon (from the website) and can't get anyone to return my calls or emails. maybe the ebay buyer couldn't get anyone to return his calls or emails either and figured paying a premium on ebay was the only way to get one.

#9 ·
Herry, I called the other evening & got a hold of Ron. He can be slow to answer emails for some reason, although not always. I ordered a HD 9thirteen a month ago. they are back ordered (bummer) He expects them any day now. Try calling him later in the day Oregon time.

#10 ·
I have spoken with Ron just few days ago. He has a backlog of orders caused by the factory inability to keep up with demand, and introdution of new antireverse reels which are becoming quite popular. Hopefully the backlog will be clear in the next few weeks.

The phone and e-mail address are available form the web:

http://www.danielsson-flyreels.se/us/start.php

I can only suspect that higher e-bay price is due to backlog.

Zb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.