Fly Fishing Forum banner

Book Recommendation requested

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Salmon Chaser 
#1 ·
We will be visiting Quebec, probably in 2006 not 05, for a few days of Atlantic Salmon fishing. I am looking for a book recommendation that describes the rivers in rivers and fly fishing for Atlantic Salmon in Canada. I have looked at Ann's site as well as others but am looking for a good overview.

Thanks,
David Dornblaser

#2 ·
Fishing in Quebec

David: For fishing in Quebec, get a copy of the three Guides to the Salmon Rivers (of the Gaspé; the North Shore; the Lower St.Lawrence and Quebec city area) published by Saumon Québec. Saumon Québec has a web site. For a more dated reference, check Gary Anderson's book, Atlantic Salmon and the Fly Fisherman.
Claude

#3 ·
David:

There will also be articles coming out in Wild on the Fly and Fly Fisherman magazines on Gaspe salmon fishing. Both of them incorporate personal experience as well as research done with the help of folks from Saumon Quebec as well as others.

Bill Greiner

#4 ·
PEI?

As it turns out, my wife is going to be speaking to a trade association on Prince Edward Island the third week of June. Are there any Atlantic Salmon rivers on the Island? We are also considering Gaspe and Miramichi (I know that it is getting late to find a guide).

Thanks,
David Dornblaser

#5 ·
David,

There are some salmon rivers on PEI but I know very little about them. The Morell is supposed to be the best one and the West River is also supposed to be good. I have never fished on PEI but there are some guys on the board that have. Hopefully some of them will see this post and let you know.

Charlie.

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.