Fly Fishing Forum banner

guide placement

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  likes2fish 
#1 ·
I have purchased a 9', 8wt, Kennedy Fisher, 2pc, GT40 series, graphite, fly rod blank. In laying out the guide placement for the rod I discovered the 8th guide will be too close to the spigot in the rod. I would like to know if any one out there has a guide placement chart for this particular rod. Also I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on guide thread, I would like to use silk but have not been unable to locate any.

likes2fish

#2 ·
As long as you have room to put about 10-12 thread wraps on the blank in front of the guide foot, you won't have any trouble. In other words, there is nothing with putting a guide on the blank either on the female end of the spigot ferrule or on the blank where the male end of the spigot ferrule in glued to the blank. You may have to adjust the guide a bit to get the 10-12 thread wraps in front of the guide. If you feel more secure with having more thread wraps in front of the guide foot, just move the guide a little so you can put more thread wraps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.