Fly Fishing Forum banner

Morris Island

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  juro 
G
#1 ·
Hi Guys:

I fished Morris Island Friday evening on the incoming tide. I got one fish 20", the fog rolled in and was very thick.

While on the shore I over heard a guy on a boat who had just come from the south tip rip. He said there are large bass out there and a lot of them.

This has got me thinking of making another trip out there in my canoe. I will be buying some pontoons that will make it a whole lot more stable. Can't wait to get out to the Rip again. Are there any harty souls that might wanta make the trip with me? The Estey brothers went with me last year. The weather has to be good with low winds, so the seas are not to big to make the trip.

Lots of Backing,
Craig

G
#5 ·
last year we met at the causeway, put the canoe in at the small harbor next to the light house, traveled through the bath tub, down south beach, cut through the crib and hugged the west side of South Monomy out to the rip.

G
#9 ·
John,

The canoe moves right along, we figured it would have taken us just about an hour on the way back last year. We stopped to fish the Crib, but all told it was around an hour.

I kind of forget, when does the rip move up close to shore, was it right at low, or was it a little earlier?

From things I have heard (Greggs post on another thread) and from passing boats, there is a lot of action out there.

Gregg did you find fish on the West side of the Island resently? I know we spooked some on the way out there last year?

Craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.