Fly Fishing Forum banner

Wilmington show

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
HELP!!!! I don't know when and where the wilmongton show is! please give rough directions from 128 north. thanks, Tom D

#5 ·
Juro...If you need some help getting around, don't be affraid to ask your friends...It can be pretty crowded and scarey out there all alone. How about a rondezvous spot/time for breakfast or the bar for a cold one to build up courage and tell fish stories!?

#7 ·
JURO, are you going, I have to be at the shop saturday,
Ill be there at 9 Sunday, have to meet BILL Catherwood,
to pick up some flies,an some from outher tyers also. if your going SUNDAY see you there!
"GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN"

#10 ·
John -

I am still trying to work out weekend plans, but Sunday looks better for me. That won't keep me from sneakin' out if I bang out a few obligations on Friday night though.

I'll try to firm these up today and will post my plans, hope others do too.

Juro

#13 ·
The 'insult to injury' snowfall has most people fit to be tied! I've called around a bit but was unable to connect earlier this evening.

It it's navigable in the am, I will hang out there Sat AM till noon (home by 1pm). Probably go back Sunday with a little more time to browse.

Look forward to seeing everyone again!

Juro

#14 ·
Tom and Juro, I will be there when they open. If your getting there around noon Tom, I will look for you. I suspect you will probably want to look around before you eat. I could swing by the snack bar around 1 to look for you otherwise I think we may bump into each other as we walk around. I will probably leave early afternoon.

#17 ·
hey, if anyone reads this before going to the show, there is a guy selling polarbear flies(he an Eskimo, or Inuit Indian I think) please pick me up 2 of his flies, and his card?... I forgot to go back to get them,(he was always tied up talking to someone). I wanted to see what they looked like in water. let me know what they cost and I'll send you the cash! thanks, Tom D

#18 ·
Sorry I missed you Tom. Walked around with Juro for a while and bumped into Ray and his son, Sully, Terry and Solo. Spent about $100 on fly tying stuff, a book about Hemmingway and his fish stories.. Thought of getting Ray to sign it for me. I think Gartsides"secret stuff" is The angel hair type material that Mike Martinek (spelling) was selling at the UFT meeting last week. He sell it for $5 while Gartside sells it for $10. I bumped into him and he told me to call him next week and I can supply up. The sight fishing for Stripers seminar at noon was well done and informative. I will go again tomorrow morning for an hour or so since I live only three exits on 93 from the Shrinners .

#20 ·
Juro, Iwill be here at 9, but can not stay long. My wife went out this morning andI have to convince my 16 year old to hold the fort for me by keeping an eye on my 11 year old daughter. Just going back to pick up a Ex Officio flats shirt that is being held for me. but Iwill stay about one hour. If we don't meet up for some reason we can conference in Jay and keep this on the fire.

#21 ·
Just wanted to know if anybody heard he sight fishingfor stripers seminar. The speaker indicated that he uses just sinking lines. From what have heard from everyone is that you are supose to use intermediate linesfor that type of fishing. If have always used my teeney or Rio dep lines for the flats with no ill effects. I never have to change lines all summer. Since, in my opinion, presentation is not the issue like trout fishing , what do the intermedite line devotees think of this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.