3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  LeeG 
#1 ·
still preparing the report--here are a few pics

28"bone

158 Haitians aboard this boat--maybe 30' long

See less See more
#7 ·
Nope
unfortunately, with one kid in college and one more going in the Fall... it doesn't look promising.
I will have to live vicariously thru the exploits of you and others on the board. :D
But.... I will be steelheading and fishing the salt ....staying closer to home. ;)

#9 ·
Vince,
Great pictures, looking forward to your report.
Whats your opinion of Ragged as a DIY destination? I was thinking about taking the mail boat there about a year ago but was told it would not be a safe place to travel to on your own. I wanted to get there before another lodge opened but looks like its too late now. Are there rental cars available? Can you drive to the northeast flats?
Thanks,
Walt

#10 ·
I doubt it would be feasible. I don't believe there there is any place to stay aside from the lodge, or vehicles to rent. There are only 3-4 working vehicles on the island. Flats are not really walkng distance from the town either.

#14 ·
I would say the numbers are better, but I believe this is mainy due to the fact that many of the flats on Ragged are smaller than on Acklins or Crooked, and this makes the fish easier to find. Some flats on Acklins and Crooked are huge, and the fish can spread out a bit more because of this. There are also many more mangrove areas on Acklins/Crooked where fish can get lost during higher tides, thus spreading them out more, and making them more difficult to locate.

#15 · (Edited)
HI Charlie,
My son and I leave on Tuesday. I think it's going to be a lot more snorkeling and beaching than bonefishing but we'll see. I promised him we'd catch a shark and a barracuda. I spoke with my friend today and it's been windy down there this week but they got 13 fish between them for the day in lousy conditions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.