Fly Fishing Forum banner

Chest packs

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Rick S 
#1 ·
Can anyone share with me some info on where to get a new chestpack? I have a vest that is so cumbersome. I am looking for the type that has pockets on either side of the chest and possible a rear pouch for water, rain gear etc. The Orvis front pack is too cumbersome hanging off your neck. I know they are out there cuz all you Rhody guys seem to have them.

Now that Rhodyfest is over and I will be returning to the cave for a long winter's nap, I might as well get some gear lined up for the spring.

Thank you for your help.

#3 ·
Rick - Fred's right. There was a recent post on this. Check the "Gear..." thread.

I've worn a chest pack for 2 seasons & found the particular one I have to be ok, though at times it's a bit on the cumbersome/irritating side. Recently started wearing a very small backpack; not only does it hold more, I find it a lot more comfortable - and it doesn't get in the way of my stripping basket.

Just my .02.

#5 ·
Feather Craft has a couple of good packs from Wood River and J&W Outfitters. Although they are a bit pricey, they are very durable and IMHO well worth the money. Check them out at:

www.feather-craft.com/fc2001/page77.html

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you'll see them. Good luck with your search.

Mark

#7 ·
Hey Rick
I use a co. named "Freestone American Fly Gear" It's light, has everthing you want and is all mesh. NO RUST!
I love it. It rides high like a freshwater vest.
They have a web site.
I bought it from Saltwater Edge in R.I.
It was a steal. They didn't like them and were getting rid of them at cheap prices. Look around. What about American Angling in N.H.?
Brian Zinck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.