Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hello from St Croix, USVI

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jimS 
#1 ·
Hi All,

My name is Ron and I've been living here on St Croix in the US Virgin Islands for a little over two years. I came down here from Kentucky where I used to flyfish streams for smallmouth bass. Now, I am settled in enough to get back into fishing. I really miss my time on the water. I brought my 7/8 wt SA System 2 setup, some clousers and other bonefish flies that I used for smallmouth. I don't have a boat-- live in a condo and I don't know anything about saltwater fishing. I spent my time on small limestone bottomed streams barely 20 feet across. I'd like to hear from other flyfishermen based here in the Caribbean and those who know our local waters. I'm glad that I found the forum.

#5 ·
Hi, I'll be heading down to St. Croix in Feb/08 and was wondering if anyone could point me toward some good foot access fishing. I've pm'd virginfly and iguana, but no reply as of yet. I've never been salt-water fishing before so I'm really excited to put a check mark next to a bunch of species - hopefully a Tarpon!

thanx all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.