Fly Fishing Forum banner

Looking for tier of classic atlantic salmon patterns in PNW

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
I tie my own flies. I've been wanting to learn how to tie up atlantic patterns and the tchniques to do it. If anyone in the Puget Sound area would be willing to be a mentor please email me. Thankss

#2 ·
Well with all the awesome fishing in the PNW I would guess that tying time goes toward the species at hand. There are more classic AS tyers on the east coast and in Europe and it stands to reason.

Let me investigate whether we could do a very detailed instructional series with one of the exceptional AS classic fly tyers on board. Might not be able to meet face to face but I think we could help...

#4 ·
Juro, a friend of Dave Williams, named Bill, whom I have met at First Light Anglers winter weekly tying group ties some spectacular classic salmon flies. While we are all doing the saltwater and trout flies according to the program at the fly tying sessions he is on his own doing the Salmon flies. He did a south beach trip with Dave earlier in the year.

#6 ·
Too much movement lately for me, if it weren't for people getting involved and lending a hand I'd be roadkill. ;)

I have a buddy who is taking lessons from a local master this winter, maybe between him and I we can put something together during the winter months. I'll give him a call and see if we can get it going.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.