Fly Fishing Forum banner

SF.stripers

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Eddie 
#1 ·
I have to tell you that I do most of my striper fishing in the East, but since I live in Frisco, I thought I should chime in. It's like this...Fishing for stripers in the Bay is to fishing on the Cape as skiing at Sunday River is to Sqaw Valley. Now that I have lost my job at the local Board of Commerce I'll see if I can help you out.
The striped bass winter in the delta and work their way into the bay in the spring. The fishing in the bay can be good out of a boat(usually starting in June) and Capt.Bud Wilson( ask for Josh at Fly Fishing Outfitters 415 781 3474) could get you into fish, but if you want to fish from shore here are some spots.
Along the shore of Cressy Feild to the Jetty in the Marina would be a spot to try.
Ocean Beach is also a place to hit. There might be bass, but an even better bet would be to fish for surf perch.
In Mill Valley(the town across the bridge) there are some tidal pools that you could hit on the top of the out going tide. I like this place. 101 north. Take Mill Valley exit. On your right you drive into a Holliday Inn(or motel of that ilk) and drive around back. There is a bike path on the shore of Richardson Bay And if you walk away from the Highway overpass, you will cross a foot bridge. This is the out flow that you will fish. Call Dave at World Waters for the scoop(415 331 4034).
Dan Blanton's site is very good. The fine people at Orvis are also helpful(415 623 1600)
I hope this will be a good start, Eddie

See less See more
#3 ·
Your stripers and shad for my Rainbow Trout...not a bad trade. I don't know the story, but it was a long time ago. I think that they had to survive sailing around the horn. In a barrel? Amazing. Eddie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.