Fly Fishing Forum banner

LAST CALL FOR CLAVE DECALS

3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Chris 
#1 ·
This is last call for spring clave decals. Anyone still wanting one please e-mail me your address and I'll send one right out. Next week I'll send the rest on to FFF headquarters. Thanks for your interest. Chris ;)

#3 ·
Also: Chris has sent me ten so I can distribute them to anyone who will be around the Cape soon.

Chris -

Each day when I get into my truck I admire the sticker on my windshield and think of the good times this May...

Thanks for taking the initiative to do this!

Juro

#4 ·
Juro,
What do you think of doing a FFF logo decal. Something a little larger. Kind of on the order of a Euro style for a membership premium? I can arrange it all if you get me a file that I can put on floppy or zip to take to the printer. The media these were printed on is pretty cheap and I'll donate a box. My buddy at the print shop will do the run for free. The machines are all digital rip and a file in Corel, Quark, or in a PDF for Acrobat Reader format of the design is all I need.
Chris

#5 ·
Chris - you are da' man!

I will put together a few drafts for us to select from. If he did the spring stickers for a six pack, is he a scotch or bourbon drinker? We have to make it worth his while ;)

What fishing related favors can we return to him that he would enjoy?

BTW -

Can I put together any color pdf file? Is there a limit to number of colors and all that? The spring stickers seemed loaded with colors, am I free to just design something and not worry about color count?

thanks

#6 ·
There isn't a limit to the number of colors or hues. These are C,Y,M,K printer/copiers that use dry ink and xerography not wet ink presses that require plates and minimum runs to be cost effective. The expense is generally in the design done by graphics dude in the shop. The clave stickers took 15 minutes to design and 5 minutes to print. Just RIP it to the server and the machine spits 'em out. The dry ink is cheap the only real expense is for the media it's printed on. Detail and color don't affect output cost or difficulty in production. Make up a few designs and see what you like best. The only problem I've had with PDF's in Acrobat is font conflicts when opening them on the print shop computers, both the PC and the MAC acted weird when I opened the clave file. You might have to send hard copies to scan just in case I have trouble .

#15 ·
DFix (07-31-2001 09:03 a.m.):
I liked One and Three more than Two only because Two grayed out too quick - like the second I looked at it; it's too monochromatic. I'd go for all of them myself, because I'm not relegated to salt and in terms of stuff like that I'm prone to go a little overboard. Also, I'd put One on the back of the truck, either Two or Three in another window on the cap, and one of them in the car to boot. Besides, if the costs are reasonable, it's to a good cause as well.

#16 ·
I like 'em all. I'm partial to 2 & 3 for the look as well as the personal reason that my likeness will be plastered on the vehicle windows of a bunch of great flyfisher guys and gals and all around good people. Perhaps my 15 of fame? :)

#3 mentions coffee mugs. If that were to happen Mike and I would buy a set each. Can't think of a better way to have my morning coffee than to have it mixed with some great memories of fantastic fishing with a great group of people!

#17 ·
I kind of liked #3 myself both 1 + 2 seemed kind of monochromatic for my taste. Don't shy away from more colors and detail if you like. These can be printed to mug transferrs as well as window decal stock. One thing to consider is if the year is included they become obsolete where as if there is no year they are equally useful for next year, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.