Fly Fishing Forum banner

berlin - inverness

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Willie Gunn 
#1 ·
hallo,

I´m looking for some help: It´s not so expensive anymore, to fly to inverness / scotland. and it´s also easy to hire a car, which is big enough to carry a rodcase.
and now the problems start: where and when to go?

I am thinking of september, because I´m a beginner, have to improve my casting techniques and don´t want to freeze all the time.

the river spey sounds very good to me, because it´s not so far away from inverness. but I think, there are a lot of other rivers, maybe some more suitable for beginners?!

which river would you choose?

thanks
martin

#2 ·
September, the Spey season is close to finishing, there are a lot of fish in the river but most of them are coloured (close to spawning). They have seen every Cascade and Ali Shrimp possible, so a change in tactics often pays dividends.
Prices can be cheap, for the Spey. Look at fishspey.co.uk
Also consider the Ness at Inverness the town water can be excellent but it is a hard fished water and unless you can throw a long line your chances are much reduced. Most of the locals are throwing 25+yds.

If you would like a guide for your trip, PM me my prices are very reasonable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.